- View (something) in medical terms; treat as a medical problem, especially unwarrantedly: doctors tend to medicalize manifestations of distress, prescribing drugs such as sleeping tabletsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- According to Illich, doctors had medicalized various aspects of life, including ageing, death, pain, patients' expectations, and healing and preventive therapies.
- Hence the tendency to medicalise it, treat it as a health problem.
- His comments prompt questions about whether raising awareness of social anxiety disorder may in fact be medicalising shyness.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Early diagnosis of the disease might unleash a process of premature medicalisation.
- However, medicalisation of traumatic human suffering runs the risk of reducing it to a technical problem.
- The medicalisation of modern society has already deskilled many other professions and led patients into an unhealthy dependence on medical care.
Más definiciones de medicalizeDefinición de medicalize en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional