- 1An assembly of people, especially the members of a society or committee, for discussion or entertainment: the early-dismissal policy will be discussed at our next meetingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They also became focal points for group discussion and formal meetings.
- Union officials have written to executives seeking an urgent meeting to discuss the matter.
- The purpose of the meeting was to discuss the merits of the former ambassador traveling to Niger.
- 1.1A gathering of people, especially Quakers, for worship.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I've been a member of several Lutheran churches and have sat through many congregational meetings.
- Most meetings for worship in those days were nothing but processions or groups of singers.
- He believed there would be a big impact on parking, already under pressure during the school run and from meetings in the local Quaker Meeting House.
- 2A coming together of two or more people, by chance or arrangement: he intrigued her on their first meetingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Without conscious direction there are only chance meetings that create situations between separated beings.
- Diverse characters happen together either by chance or in arranged meetings.
- While there, I've met people I already knew by chance and had chance meetings with new people.
a meeting of (the) minds
- An understanding or agreement between people.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It took a meeting of minds - involving organisations such as Scottish Enterprise, Historic Scotland, the local tourist board and the local authority - to kick-start a renaissance based on quality.
- I'm simply laying the foundation and doing the groundwork to see if there is a meeting of minds.
- ‘It was not,’ says one witness to this extraordinary event, ‘what you might call a meeting of minds.’