Definición de melancholia en inglés:
1Deep sadness or gloom; melancholy: rain slithered down the windows, encouraging a creeping melancholia
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Contrasting greatly with the often-brooding melancholia of Tristeza, LaValle manages to inject an uplifting aspect into his solo work.
- Writers invariably describe the flat estuary land as ‘melancholic ‘, but that's because writers bring their melancholia with them.
- If you're not in the market for a new wall color, or you're not quite ready to risk a bout of autumnal melancholia, it's quite easy to use this deep rose as an accent, especially when you want to create a romantic, intimate mood.
1.1 dated A mental condition marked by persistent depression and ill-founded fears.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He refused to take on patients who were psychotic; that is, who were suffering from schizophrenia or from the most severe type of melancholia (depressive illness).
- Asylum doctors divided mental illness into four categories: mania (with an important subcategory, monomania), melancholia, dementia, and idiocy.
- All the identified patients had psychotic illnesses: mania and melancholia, general paresis, and post-encephalitic states.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- For the rest of his short life she looked after him, mended his clothes, helped him through melancholiac hangovers, fed him as well as the meager larder permitted.
- In Freud, it is assumed that the ego exists apart from the lost object; however, for Schwenger's melancholiac, the sense of loss resides in the perception that there is no self apart from objects.
- He argues that the melancholiac's self-loathing disguises a hostility towards the lost, beloved object, indicating an underlying ambivalence towards it.
Pronunciación: /-ˈkōlē-ak/sustantivo& adjetivo
Definición de melancholia en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia