Entrada del diccionario de Inglés británico e internacional
Definición de mereology en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Philosophy
The abstract study of the relations between parts and wholes.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I think that there is work in mereology (the study if identity and the relationship between parts and wholes) that deals with the ‘calculus of individuals’ n terms of things called ‘fusions.’
- In addition to the topics discussed, Brentano made important contributions to metaphysics, especially on the relation of substance and accidents, and concerning mereology.
- The structure can be described using mereology and how about topological relation of the structure.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- A second sort of puzzle relates to the fact that Aristotle's mereological definition only seems to apply to a realm of continuous entities.
- According to the doctrine of mereological essentialism, all composite objects have all of their proper parts essentially, which is generally regarded as an excessively extreme claim.
- Modal variants as well as mereological variants of such views are also available.
1940s: from French, formed irregularly from Greek meros 'part' + -logy.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda