Definición de merganser en inglés:
A fish-eating diving duck with a long, thin serrated and hooked bill. Also called sawbill.
- Genus Mergus, subfamily Merginae, family Anatidae: six species, including the conspicuously crested red-breasted merganser (M. serrator); common merganser (M. merganser), the male of which has a white body and dark green head; and smew
- Check your field guide to identify gadwalls, widgeons, wood ducks, hooded mergansers, ringnecks, and maybe a scalup or a canvasback.
- This area affords excellent views of Burrard Inlet and rafts of offshore ducks. scoters, scaup, mergansers, goldeneye and buffleheads are all good possibilities.
- In the large cove before us she identified the scattered ducks: golden eyes, canvas backs, mergansers, immature herring gulls.
Definición de merganser en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan