plural sustantivo[treated as singular]
The branch of linguistics that deals with metalanguages, self-reference in language, and the philosophy of science as it applies to linguistics.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Morphological awareness, as part of metalinguistics, involves reflection on language and its use and skills of monitoring and planning.
- There is no introductory editorial discussing the title or theme of the volume or its intended audience, but the essays mostly deal with language and metalinguistics in some way.
- Results indicate a positive attitude to but poor knowledge of metalinguistics in the process of learning to read.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Use, rather than metalinguistic acknowledgement, rationalizes these aspects of language, and a sense of aesthetic accomplishment arises through employing them.
- Smith utilizes a metalinguistic analysis to reinsert the long-neglected importance of the subject into the practice of writing art criticism.
- They attribute this poor performance to the influence of reading experience and less well-developed metalinguistic abilities.
Definición de metalinguistics en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda