Definición de microevolution en inglés:
Evolutionary change within a species or small group of organisms, especially over a short period.
- Resting eggs of planktonic organisms from datable sediment cores are increasingly used to reconstruct historical information on the abundance, size, genetic composition, and microevolution of planktonic organisms.
- They already acknowledge microevolution - mutation and natural selection within a species.
- The creation science folks accept microevolution but not macroevolution.
- Example sentences
- First, genes expressed predominantly in males and the male germ line, and thus often subject to accelerated microevolutionary divergence, may be most likely to be deregulated in hybrids.
- Thus, adaptation-oriented studies of characters have expanded from microevolutionary studies of function and fitness to include macroevolutionary studies of phylogenetic patterns.
- To apply phylogenetic reasoning to questions about species status requires broadening of simple principles when microevolutionary processes may result in true differences among gene phylogenies.
Definición de microevolution en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan