An optical instrument used for viewing very small objects, such as mineral samples or animal or plant cells, typically magnified several hundred times.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The paper shows that positrons can see defects better than either optical or electron beam microscopes.
- In rapid succession the field ion microscope and the scanning tunnelling microscope soon joined these microscopes.
- A biopsy allows scientists to look at a sample of your cells under a microscope and carry out tests on the tissue.
under the microscope
- Under critical examination.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Each week a topical subject was put under the microscope and debated by way of historical writings.
- The US battle plans have been widely leaked and put under the microscope by Western military analysts.
- All current spending has to be put under the microscope, with a thorough examination across all spending heads.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: mi·cro·scope
Definición de microscope en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda