sustantivo (plural midshipmen)
- 1A naval cadet in the US Navy.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- With only eight marines, a Navy midshipman, and 100 mercenaries, Eaton left Alexandria, Egypt, to restore Hamet Karamanli to the throne of Tripoli and overthrow his usurper brother.
- The Defense Department made greatest use of the technique, with 47 data mining projects to track everything from the academic performance of Navy midshipmen to the whereabouts of ship parts and suspected terrorists.
- A midshipman in the U.S. Navy at sixteen, young Porter commanded his first ship at thirty-three during the Mexican War.
- 1.1An officer in the Royal Navy ranking below sublieutenant.[ early 17th century: so named because the officer was stationed amidships; he was, however, allowed to walk the quarterdeck, to which he aspired in promotion]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The cocked hat, which had been worn by some warrant officers and midshipmen, was replaced by this tall black hat for both ranks.
- Sixty midshipmen and officer cadets represented 13 countries, which made the competition a great opportunity for international interaction.
- The scheme aims to provide young midshipmen and officer cadets starting at ADFA with a home away from home.
- 2An American toadfish with dorsal and anal fins that run most of the length of the body and rows of light organs on the underside.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Porichthys, family Batrachoididae: two or three species
- Schlinger et al. found that the activity of aromatase in the hindbrain was higher in plainfin midshipman females and sneaker Type II males than in acoustically courting Type I males.
Más definiciones de midshipmanDefinición de midshipman en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional