Definición de midwife en inglés:
sustantivo (plural midwives)
- Again, close liaison between obstetrician, midwife, general practitioner, cardiologist, and neonatologist is vital.
- Once the bleeding has been evaluated its management may remain with general practitioners or midwives.
- It goes without saying that no visit with the local midwife or the general practitioner was offered before the 15th week.
- I was privileged to be a colleague of its midwife and founding editor, Susan McHenry, now our editorial director, when she was formulating ideas for it.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- Creating a more lush sonic presence without obliterating all traces of the band's personality was a balancing act midwifed by Terry Tran, who produced, engineered, and mixed the album.
- When writers who had midwifed and enriched Kannada theatre turned to cinema, there was a sudden drought of plays, but that didn't stop Nagesh from doing his things dramatically.
Middle English: probably from the obsolete preposition mid 'with' + wife (in the archaic sense 'woman'), expressing the sense 'a woman who is with (the mother)'.
The original sense of midwife seems to have been ‘a woman who is with the mother’. Mid- here is not connected to middle, but is an old word meaning ‘with’ that is related to Greek meta ‘with’, which appears in English words beginning meta-, such as metabolism (late 19th century), metaphorical (mid 16th century), and metaphysics (mid 16th century). ‘A woman’ (rather than ‘a married woman’) is the oldest sense of wife, still used in Scotland.
- Example sentences
- Some practices have had vacancies for up to nine months, and similar staffing shortages in nursing and midwifery have prompted fears that rural healthcare is a thing of the past.
- However, Thomas said police officers should be given a crash course in midwifery, as delivering babies had become a regular part of their routine.
- During this period midwifery was all but abolished.
Words that rhyme with midwifespaewife • alewife
Definición de midwife en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.