- If you had migraines before you got chronic daily headaches, the migraines might return.
- Why does one person experience headaches and sore throats whereas another has migraines and tonsillitis?
- Other symptoms are depression, anxiety, headaches and migraines.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Others such as acute dissection of the carotid or vertebral artery, subarachnoid haemorrhage, cranial arteritis, and occasionally cerebral tumours may produce migrainous symptoms.
- Among them, we can mention migrainous and hypertensive headaches.
- Methods of treating migrainous headaches and their associated symptoms are provided by administering a composition comprising parthenolide or feverfew sublingually to a patient in need thereof.
Late Middle English: from French, via late Latin from Greek hēmikrania, from hēmi- 'half' + kranion 'skull'.
People unfortunate enough to suffer from migraine know that this sort of throbbing headache usually affects one side of the head—reflected in the origin of the word. It is a highly shortened form of Greek hemi- ‘half’ and kranion ‘skull’, the source of English cranium (mid 16th century). Until the 20th century the form megrim, also used for a fit of being difficult, was more common than migraine.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: mi·graine
Definición de migraine en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.