- A myriapod invertebrate with an elongated body composed of many segments, most of which bear two pairs of legs. Most kinds are herbivorous and shun light, living in the soil or under stones and logs.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Class Diplopoda: several orders
- In areas where acid rain is most severe, the supplementary calcium-rich foods that female songbirds depend on - snail shells, isopods such as pill bugs, millipedes, and earthworms - may be in short supply.
- Some arthropods, like the centipedes, millipedes, and insects, have legs with a single branch (uniramous appendages).
- Pulmonate snails, millipedes, scorpions, spiders and mites were certainly present, but are not known from fossils.
early 17th century: from Latin millepeda 'wood louse', from mille 'thousand' + pes, ped- 'foot'.
Más definiciones de millipedeDefinición de millipede en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional