A warship, aircraft, or land vehicle from which explosive mines are laid.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Navy Romanian naval forces in the Black Sea consisted of four Italian-built destroyers, four torpedo boats, three submarines, three minelayers, one submarine depot ship, three gunboats, and one training ship.
- Rapid ditching machines; artillery, rocket, and air-delivered mines; and ground minelayers are available on world markets.
- Afterwards, she was converted to a minelayer with 80 standard mines; but catching a trim on diving was dodgy while the huge mine-casing slowly flooded.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The ship structure is able to meet all minewarfare roles, including surveillance, minelaying, minehunting and minesweeping.
- The main roles of the corvettes will be in patrol and surveillance, minelaying, interception and other anti-surface warfare operations in the United Arab Emirate's territorial waters and exclusive economic zone.
- A key role in this warfare is assigned to remote minelaying and remotely controlled minefields.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: mine·lay·er
Definición de minelayer en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda