Definición de minesweeper en inglés:
A ship or aircraft equipped for detecting and removing or destroying tethered explosive mines.
- Several thousand underwater mines were placed in the Gulf waters during the first Gulf War, and even though U.S. and coalition minesweepers removed more than 13,000 mines from the Gulf, some could still remain.
- Royal Navy minesweepers have been competing for the award of excellence since the 1970s when it was inaugurated by the original sponsors, Thomson Marconi Sonar Ltd.
- The Royal Navy committed four minesweepers to the operation.
- Example sentences
- The ship structure is able to meet all minewarfare roles, including surveillance, minelaying, minehunting and minesweeping.
- The Landsort is permanently equipped for both minehunting and minesweeping.
- At the cessation of hostilities the corvette was based at Hong Kong for minesweeping and patrol duties.
Pronunciación: /-ˌswēpiNG/sustantivo & adjetivo
Definición de minesweeper en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan