A ship or aircraft equipped for detecting and removing or destroying tethered explosive mines.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Several thousand underwater mines were placed in the Gulf waters during the first Gulf War, and even though U.S. and coalition minesweepers removed more than 13,000 mines from the Gulf, some could still remain.
- Royal Navy minesweepers have been competing for the award of excellence since the 1970s when it was inaugurated by the original sponsors, Thomson Marconi Sonar Ltd.
- The Royal Navy committed four minesweepers to the operation.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The ship structure is able to meet all minewarfare roles, including surveillance, minelaying, minehunting and minesweeping.
- The Landsort is permanently equipped for both minehunting and minesweeping.
- At the cessation of hostilities the corvette was based at Hong Kong for minesweeping and patrol duties.
Pronunciación: /-ˌswēpiNG/sustantivo & adjetivo
Más definiciones de minesweeperDefinición de minesweeper en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional