- 1One sixtieth of a fluid dram, about one drop of liquid.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The minim should not be confused with the drop, as they are not equivalent.
- There is only one apothecary measure for weight, the grain; and three for volume (liquids), the minim, dram and ounce.
- 2 Music British term for half note.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- More startling, his manic-depressive nature is expressed by sudden changes of tempo, juxtaposing passages in semiquavers with slow-moving minims and semibreves.
- Some simply take the themes in order to construct fantasy variations; others write in semibreves and minims to make the motifs for chorale preludes.
- Nor does he discuss another dialectic, between the Scherzo's anapestic and amphibrach crotchet groups, sublated after the Trio in that startling alla breve succession of equal minims; nor the hunting topos of the Trio.
- 3(In calligraphy) a short vertical stroke, as in the letters i, m, n, u.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- An example of this in Beowulf are the letters 'bet' in line 6 on folio 198v followed by two minims joined at bottom with a stroke through the second minim.
- When he had a vertical stroke that began above the minim or, as in Uncial R, went below the minim, he (A) began with the nib at about 30 degrees.
late Middle English: from Latin minima, from minimus 'smallest'.
Más definiciones de minimDefinición de minim en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional