- 1A person advocating minor or moderate reform in politics.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As the referendum approached, longstanding splits between the minimalists and maximalists within the republican movement became significant.
- Libertarian minimalists must take the extra step to fashion a doctrine that debunks realism and supports their own foreign policy outlook.
- Now, if libertarian minimalists do the latter, they would be taking issue with my policy views, not adopting them.
- 2A person who advocates or practices minimalism in art or music.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Although his latter-day works have been compared to those of Arvo Part and Henryk Gorecki, both best-selling minimalists, Tavener's music is different because of its immediate sweet-sounding appeal.
- In other words, Matta-Clark accomplishes with architecture an operation analogous to what the minimalists and the process artists accomplish with sculpture when they deprive it of its anthropomorphic and immortal aspects.
- Off ice, he listens to mostly classical music from the minimalists like Philipp Glass and Steve Reich to the romantics of Tchaikovsky.
adjetivo(also minimalistic) Volver al principio
- 1Advocating moderate political policies.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hyperglobalizers insist that the minimalist political order of the future will be determined by regional economies linked together in an almost seamless global web of production and exchange.
- Appalled by judicial activism, he advocated a classical, minimalist role for the court after the tumult of the 1960s.
- All they had done, in reality, was to fight over the principle of republicanism and then endorse the minimalist head of state selection model from the Republic Advisory Committee Report.
- 2Of or relating to minimalism in art or music.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the 1980s and 1990s, Torke's music was a synthesis of aggressive neo-classicism and minimalist influences, firmly rooted in tonality.
- The revolving structure of the melody brings to mind minimalist composers Steve Reich and Philip Glass in its apparent simplicity, but subtle complexity.
- In recent times, even minimalist composer Philip Glass tried his hand at the genre.
early 20th century: first used with reference to the Russian Mensheviks. Usage in art and music dates from the 1960s.
Más definiciones de minimalistDefinición de minimalist en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional