sustantivo (plural minima /-mə/ or minimums)[usually in singular]
- 1The least or smallest amount or quantity possible, attainable, or required: technical difficulties have been kept to a minimum they checked passports with the minimum of fussMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The person also must be fully insured and must agree after training to work as a childminder for at least the minimum of two years.
- Food is kept as fresh and natural as possible with the minimum of intervention in the cooking.
- The work, however, needs to be done and we are doing everything we can to make sure that it is done as quickly as possible with the minimum of inconvenience.
- 1.1The lowest or smallest amount of a varying quantity (e.g., temperature) allowed, attained, or recorded: clients with a minimum of $500,000 to invest winter minima of -40 ° C have been recordedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The absolute minimum was recorded during winter in all the species.
- In addition, the optimum angle setting for a spoiler is zero degrees, which is also the minimum allowed on Pro Stock cars by the NHRA technical department.
- This is because our minimum feature size of 10 yam is also the minimum allowed by the mask manufacturer, and the variance at this feature size is 3.2 m.
- 1.2 Mathematics A point at which a continuously varying quantity ceases to decrease and begins to increase; the value of a quantity at such a point.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Most notably, the second and third maxima of the buckled MT form factor occur at q values similar to minima in the unbuckled MT form factor.
- The average number of hydrogen bonds is 6.8, which is the sum of the four integral values at the first minimum in the corresponding radial distribution function.
- The RLF pattern obtained at the start of the drying cycle was similar in nature and magnitude to that obtained at the end of the drying cycle when the RAWC value had reached a minimum.
adjetivo[attributive] Volver al principio
- Smallest or lowest: this can be done with the minimum amount of effortMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Students who meet minimum university entry requirements and are willing to pay would clearly benefit, as would universities.
- This agreement lays down minimum requirements designed to facilitate the reconciliation of parental and professional responsibilities for working parents.
- And ING Direct does not offer checking accounts or impose any fees, service charges or minimum requirements on its products.
at a (or the) minimum
- At the very least: we zipped along at a minimum of 55 mphMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He seemed to acknowledge that, at the minimum, at least expand and make permanent those that will expire next year.
- You might at a minimum find, at least as an American, that we have been sold this idea.
- So if the new government does not wish to be too different from the old one, it needs to work on accomplishing at least ‘miniscule’ differences, so that at the minimum, a 0.2 percent difference exists between the two.
mid 17th century: from Latin, neuter of minimus 'least'.