Definición de minuet en inglés:
- Under the direction of instructor Shirley Agate-Proust from the Alberta Ballet School of Dance, a group of dancers in period costumes will recreate baroque dances including a minuet and a gavotte.
- He also celebrates the minuet, of all dances the one that most clearly captures the blend of pastoral elegance and amorous desire that becomes synonymous with the ballet itself.
- Louie, who dances a shaky minuet if properly guided, seemed like a shoo-in.
- From Beethoven onwards the traditional place of the minuet in symphonies and chamber music began to be taken over by the scherzo.
- Touches are varied, legato, staccato - at times both used together in separate hands, and forms include simple sonata form, minuet, rondo, and theme and variations.
- The minuet character of the music, and the polka quotations, are displayed by the alternating, more static, poses of individual female dancers, with a pas de deux of male and female to provide a more rustic appearance.
verbo (minuets, minueting, minueted)[no object] Volver al principio
Late 17th century: from French menuet, 'fine, delicate', diminutive (used as a noun) of menu 'small'.
menu from mid 19th century:
When people first used menu in English they treated it as a foreign word, printing it in italic type, and perhaps pronouncing it in a ‘French’ way. The word means ‘detailed list’ in French, and is a use of menu ‘small, detailed’ from Latin minutus ‘small’, the source of minute, mince, minutiae (mid 18th century) ‘small, precise or trivial details’, the delicate dance the minuet (late 17th century), and diminish. Applied to a list of dishes available in a restaurant, it dates from the mid 19th century; by the 20th it was fully anglicized, and by the 1960s could also mean ‘a list of facilities or commands displayed on a computer screen’.
Palabras que riman con minuetabet, aiguillette, anisette, Annette, Antoinette, arête, Arlette, ate, baguette, banquette, barbette, barrette, basinet, bassinet, beget, Bernadette, beset, bet, Bette, blanquette, Brett, briquette, brochette, brunette (US brunet), Burnett, cadet, caravanette, cassette, castanet, charette, cigarette (US cigaret), clarinet, Claudette, Colette, coquette, corvette, couchette, courgette, croquette, curette, curvet, Debrett, debt, dinette, diskette, duet, epaulette (US epaulet), flageolet, flannelette, forget, fret, galette, gazette, Georgette, get, godet, grisette, heavyset, Jeanette, jet, kitchenette, La Fayette, landaulet, launderette, layette, lazaret, leatherette, let, Lett, lorgnette, luncheonette, lunette, Lynette, maisonette, majorette, maquette, Marie-Antoinette, marionette, Marquette, marquisette, martinet, met, minaret, moquette, motet, musette, Nanette, net, noisette, nonet, novelette, nymphet, octet, Odette, on-set, oubliette, Paulette, pet, Phuket, picquet, pillaret, pincette, pipette, piquet, pirouette, planchette, pochette, quartet, quickset, quintet, regret, ret, Rhett, roomette, rosette, roulette, satinette, septet, serviette, sestet, set, sett, sextet, silhouette, soubrette, spinet, spinneret, statuette, stet, stockinet, sublet, suffragette, Suzette, sweat, thickset, threat, Tibet, toilette, tret, underlet, upset, usherette, vedette, vet, vignette, vinaigrette, wagonette, wet, whet, winceyette, yet, Yvette
Definición de minuet en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.