Definición de miosis en inglés:
Excessive constriction of the pupil of the eye.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Symptoms include nasal congestion, ptosis of one eyelid, miosis, and conjunctional hyperemia.
- Oral pilocarpine is contraindicated in patients with uncontrolled asthma and in patients in whom miosis is undesirable, such as patients with acute iritis or narrow angle (angle closure) glaucoma.
- After inhalation of vapour, respiratory symptoms, dimming of vision, and miosis are generally the first clinical features to appear.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Its pharmacology accounts for its analgesic and antitussive properties, along with adverse effects such as respiratory depression, decreased bowel motility, miotic pupils, nausea and hypotension.
- Since the pupillary sphincter is not receiving blood, neither light nor a miotic agent produces miosis.
- Although topical miotic drops or gel preparations are poorly tolerated by younger patients due to induced myopia and accommodative spasm, pilocarpine Ocuserts are extremely well tolerated.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda