- A long-tailed thrushlike songbird with grayish plumage, found mainly in tropical America and noted for its mimicry of the calls and songs of other birds.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Family Mimidae (the mockingbird family): three genera and several species, especially the northern mockingbird (Mimus polyglottos) of North America. The mockingbird family also includes the catbirds, thrashers, and tremblers
- Francis gives a similar explanation for the exceptional mimicry of mockingbirds, suggesting that mimicry itself was not favored by natural selection.
- Although first cousin to the melodious mockingbird, a catbird's song is seldom musical.
- In Massachusetts winter residents include chickadees, nuthatches, woodpeckers, titmice, cardinals, and mockingbirds.
Más definiciones de mockingbirdDefinición de mockingbird en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional