- An auxiliary verb that expresses necessity or possibility. English modal verbs include must, shall, will, should, would, can, could, may, and might. See also auxiliary verb.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He shook his head impatiently. ‘We instruct the computer to ignore what we call grammatical words - articles, prepositions, pronouns, modal verbs, which have a high frequency rating in all discourse.
- The negative modal verb maun't (mustn't) is sometimes used in rural areas, but the positive form maun, as used in Scots and in Northern Ireland, is rare.
- That minimum is represented in English by verbs such as must and ought, which are modal verb with no preterite (inflected past tense).
Más definiciones de modal verbDefinición de modal verb en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional