- Interestingly the exhibitions link past and present with some modern artefacts and photos on display.
- Over the past decades, modern encroachments and thoughtless building have marred the historic fabric of the city.
- The comment remains true of periods of the much more recent past, including Australian social history of the modern period.
- The small fields we see around us, which tourists come to look at, are not helpful when it comes to modern equipment and cultivation techniques.
- Give troops the very best training and most modern weapons and equipment.
- The roof has been repaired and modern kitchen equipment installed.
- Some examples of words which never made it into the modern language.
- The Italian was the only modern language which possessed anything that could be called a literature.
- If that's true, the evolution of recursion may have brought modern language into existence.
- Degas was an artist torn between traditional art and the modern impressionist movement.
- The exhibition of the year brings together major masterpieces by the two giants of modern art, Henri Matisse and Pablo Picasso.
- He called on architects to combine traditional Chinese styles with modern trends.
- Not so with those moderns whose primary scientific values are oriented to the predictable future, and who often relegate the past to, well, simply history.
- And while the church has made only the barest concessions to modernity, the moderns love the church - at least to gawk at.
- The romantics place former greats at the top, while those with little feel for history or tradition opt for the moderns.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I do not want to criticize the government for inviting foreign designers to plan these suburban projects, which will benefit the farming population by providing them with clean and modernly equipped apartments.
- You can spend one or two days here living in the villas on the mountains, which, unfortunately, are modernly designed.
- I simply want to know how you feel about them modernly.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It gave the coupe a feeling of elegance and modernness.
- The whole collection was about the moderness of New York City, and the modernness of the buildings.
- The unorthodox phrasing abstracts the original material and gives the composition an edgy modernness.
Late Middle English: from late Latin modernus, from Latin modo 'just now'.
Modern is from late Latin modernus, from Latin modo ‘just now’.
Palabras que riman con modernCulloden, hodden, sodden, trodden
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: mod·ern
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.