- The scales are shed individually, so crocodilians do not molt (shed their skin all at once) like snakes do.
- Also, hermit crabs commonly kept as pets molt and shed their exoskeleton.
- This biasing factor is unique to organisms that molt or shed their skin during growth.
- Another subunit appears about the time of metamorphosis to first juvenile instar, and expression of a sixth subunit begins four or five molts later.
- The first smaller pulse induces switchover from larval to pupal commitment, and the second much larger pulse induces the pupal molt.
- While all feathers wear, they are replaced regularly by the molt processes.
Middle English moute, from an Old English verb based on Latin mutare 'to change'. For the intrusive -l-, compare with words such as fault.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: molt
Definición de molt en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.