Definición de monkey wrench en inglés:
An adjustable wrench with large jaws that has its adjusting screw contained in the handle.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Consider a multi-wrench for those all-purpose jobs, but also add a pipe wrench, a spud wrench, strap and chain wrench, and a monkey wrench.
- They taught me how to work the wrench, the monkey wrench, so I kind of had to do a bit of training, to be honest with you.
- Last, but not least, what tool kit is not complete without a monkey wrench.
verbo(monkeywrench) [with object] informal Volver al principio
Sabotage (something), especially as a form of protest: (as noun monkeywrenching) the five defendants who received jail sentences for monkeywrenching
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘They would have let me out after a month if I'd expressed remorse,’ he says, ‘but we couldn't let them think jailing me would stop monkey-wrenching.’
- More than a narrative of organizing, demonstrating and monkey-wrenching, it places Earth First!
- For years, they were seen as the power behind attempted monkey-wrenching to the state's environmental laws and its stiff anti-corporate farming law.
- A person or thing that prevents the successful implementation of a plan: even he couldn’t throw a monkey wrench into the works a cancellation can throw a real monkey wrench into the scheduleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- That will only make you a pest to your colleagues and employers, and a monkey wrench in the works of the publishing process.
- Are you trying to throw a monkey wrench in the works to get out of helping us’?
- This throws a monkey wrench in the works as far as political loyalties go.
- 1monkeywrencher sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- What would Abbey's principal monkey-wrencher think of a trail named after him?
Definición de monkey wrench en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda