(In horses) a recurrent inflammatory disease of the eyes, causing intermittent blindness.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There is indeed a disease colloquially known as moon blindness, but it only occurs in horses.
- From time-to-time, horse owners and veterinarians see equine recurrent uveitis, also known as periodic ophthalmia or moon blindness, in horses.
- Equine recurrent uveitis, also known as moon blindness, is the most common cause of blindness in this species.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- We often worked at night and knew that if you stared too long at the fire, like a moon-blind horse, your vision could not adjust to the dark.
- She's had several that have come up either night blind or one foal who was moon-blind at weaning but she never knew.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: moon blind·ness
Definición de moon blindness en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda