Definición de morpheme en inglés:
1A meaningful morphological unit of a language that cannot be further divided (e.g., in, come, -ing, forming incoming).
- In this approach, the specimen sentence has 13 monemes divided into 8 morphemes and 5 lexemes.
- Cognitive Grammar takes the very strong position that all words and morphemes in a language are symbolic.
- These include the order in which second language morphemes are acquired, learners' errors, and the stages of inter-language development.
1.1A morphological element considered with respect to its functional relations in a linguistic system.
- The model of morpheme classification assumes that there are three types of system morphemes (functional elements) as well as content morphemes.
- With respect to the plural morpheme, it is not only the case that it occurs very often in English text, but it also attaches to very many different noun stems.
- Specifically, it is suggested that the meaning of the tense morphemes alone do not completely determine the temporal interpretation of a sentence.
- Example sentences
- The smallest possible unities - phonemic - are integrated into ever higher levels of unity - morphemic, syntactic, syntagmatic, narratological - that are simultaneously equivalent to ‘higher’ levels of thought.
- Comparisons with the reading-age control group indicated that, while the dyslexic children were poorer in the morphemic segmentation tasks, they performed normally for their reading level in the sentence completion tasks.
- No difference was found between dyslexic and younger normal readers in tasks such as word derivation in a sentence context, production of derived, inflected and compound forms of pseudowords, and synthesis of morphemic element.
- Example sentences
- The translation sentence is to have the syntax of the original, and to differ only morphemically.
- Compounds and derivatives tend to be spelled morphemically, the established grapheme bases are usually retained regardless of the phonemic alterations involved.
- For example, the model has already been used to examine how the meanings of morphemically complex words are accessed during reading.
Definición de morpheme en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan