Definición de moss animal en inglés:
A sedentary colonial aquatic animal found chiefly in the sea, either encrusting rocks, seaweeds, or other surfaces, or forming stalked fronds. Each minute zooid filter-feeds by means of a crown of ciliated tentacles (lophophore).
- Phylum Bryozoa (or Polyzoa, Ectoprocta)
- Bryozoans, or ‘moss animals,’ are aquatic, mostly marine, colonial organisms, superficially rather like coral.
- A little deeper than 10m, velvety mounds of soft coral, sponges, tunicates and moss animals are densely packed together.
- Similar to sponges, but with tentacles, moss animals or bryozoans are strange creatures.
Definición de moss animal en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan