Definición de mountain cranberry en inglés:
sustantivo (plural mountain cranberries)
1A low-growing evergreen dwarf shrub of the heath family that bears dark red berries and grows in upland habitats in the north. Also called cowberry, lingonberry.
- Vaccinium vitis-idaea, family Ericaceae
- Wet meadows have abundant grasses, sedges, and rushes, while low-growing shrubs include black crowberry, mountain cranberry, shrubby cinquefoil, and three dwarf willows.
- The latter, which replaces it in the more northerly regions and at higher altitudes, can be termed mountain cranberry, or foxberry.
- It grows in the same climate as the mountain cranberry and grows all over Canada, Europe and Northern Asia.
1.1The edible acid berry of the mountain cranberry plant, which may be used as a cranberry substitute.
- Wild lingonberries are also called mountain cranberries and partridgeberries.
- The juice from mountain cranberries is recognized as having the highest content of natural proanthocyanidins.
- Remember to look for blueberries and mountain cranberries in mid to late summer, especially off the beaten path.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India