- 1A sweet or savory dish made as a smooth light mass with whipped cream and beaten egg white, flavored with chocolate, fish, etc., and typically served chilled: roulade of sole with a lobster mousse dark chocolate mousseMás ejemplos en oraciones
- These are used as required, mixed with liquids and flavourings, to ‘set’ savoury aspic, desserts such as jelly and mousse, and stabilize commercially made ice cream and other foods.
- They have so much potential - a soufflé, cakes, crème brûlée, salmon mousse - or just a good, open omelette filled with seasonal vegetables.
- Bavarois is a kind of dessert like mousse, but made typically with custard in addition to cream, therefore turns out thick and rich.
- 2 [in singular] A mass of tiny bubbles that forms on the top of a glass of champagne or sparkling wine: the Brut Réserve possesses a wonderful creamy mousse of small, compact bubblesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A wonderful mousse of tiny bubbles and a delicious appley nose are complemented by a fine undertone of honey.
- Johann Kattus, Alte Reserve, Brut is a startlingly dry Viennese sparkling wine with a very fine persistent mousse.
- The wine is pale gold in colour with a fine fresh mousse and crisp fruit flavours.
- 3A light, foamy preparation used for styling hair: apply a dollop of volumizing mousse to the roots and work it in towards the ends of your hair experiment with different styling products such as mousses and gelsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Achieve increased resilience and shape-holding power from setting lotions, mousses and hair sprays.
- The shelf in the bathroom was littered with tins of hair spray, styling mousse, shampoo and conditioner, blobs of each of which had been splurted onto every available surface.
- Yucca, quince seed, balsam and yarrow are often added to natural styling gels, mousse and hair sprays for their thickening and emulsifying qualities.
- 3.1A cosmetic or other skincare product with a foamy consistency: fragrant shower mousseMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This lightweight, creamy shower mousse softens and smooths the skin while you enjoy the refreshing and revitalising notes of the Eau Dynamisante fragrance.
- This gift includes body mousse, body lotion, bubble bath, soap, body spray & a natural body bath scrub brush.
- 4 (also chocolate mousse) A brown frothy emulsion of oil and seawater formed by weathering of an oil slick.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The recovered oil is unaffected by the conveyor belt system and does not mix the oil into a ‘chocolate mousse’.
- Large lumps of oil or semi-solid oil/water mousse will tend to be physically lifted out of the water by the moving belt as shown at 15 in Fig. 5C.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- Style (hair) using mousse.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- With his baggy pants, red goatee, and moussed hair, Mike Hoffman looks more like a guy taking some time off after college than a 25-year-old combat veteran.
- Her hair was moussed to within an inch of its life, and even the damp Maine breeze couldn't wet or move it.
- He wore a crisp white shirt and had his black hair neatly parted and moussed.
mid 19th century: from French, 'moss or froth'.
Más definiciones de mousseDefinición de mousse en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional