Definición de multivalent en inglés:
1Having or susceptible to many applications, interpretations, meanings, or values: visually complex and multivalent work
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I've used the multivalent interpretative possibilities to allow plots, elements, and events to overlap.
- This is because readers themselves play an active role in interpreting a multivalent and open-ended modernist cultural text.
- The graphic patterns of oscillating logic became increasingly multivalent and subtle with the application of fuzzy logic with more truth-values lying in-between.
2 Medicine (Of an antigen or antibody) having several sites at which attachment to an antibody or antigen can occur: a multivalent antiserum Compare with polyvalent.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Collectins are oligomeric, multivalent proteins sharing distinct collagen-like and calcium-dependent carbohydrate recognition domains.
- Once small-molecule drugs are bound to the surface of medical devices, however, they become multivalent and able to be recognized by antibody-producing B-cells.
- In general, desorption of supported membranes is hard to control if multivalent interaction sites have to be broken.
3 Chemistry another term for polyvalent.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This remarkable compaction can be reproduced in vitro by adding a small amount of condensing agent, such as polyamines, multivalent metal cations, cationic surfactants, or neutral polymers to a DNA solution.
- These thermodynamic models predict that there is significant lateral redistribution of both monovalent and multivalent charged lipids in response to the membrane association of oppositely charged proteins.
- In the experiments presented here, the amount of monovalent and multivalent ions was precisely controlled, as well as the method of preparation of the samples.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- While this too obviously underscores the presumed multivalence of the play itself, it serves as an elusive touchstone for the characters’ changing view of themselves.
- How likely is it that a twenty-first-century music giving priority to ‘new classical’ virtues will sit happily with forms of writing which retain ‘modernist’ perspectives on multivalence?
- ‘Gallons’ connotes fluid, meaning that garbage comes in both solid and liquid form, another example of the term's multivalence.
- (British )Oraciones de ejemplo
- Briefly, there will have to be a shift of emphasis - in thinking and in action - from homogeneity to multivalency.
- The multivalency of the names of his parents, however, already suggests their ambiguous outcast position, one resting between natural poverty and delinquency, which their son will also eventually occupy.
- Dickens is the quintessential urban artist, able to transform the multivalency of Victorian city life into a new and flexible kind of fiction.
Definición de multivalent en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda