sustantivo[treated as singular]
- A contagious and infectious viral disease causing swelling of the parotid salivary glands in the face, and a risk of sterility in adult males.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Other viral illnesses such as mumps and rubella may also trigger Bell's palsy.
- This is because mumps is very contagious and is spread through coughs and sneezes.
- The mumps virus is contagious and spreads in tiny drops of fluid from the mouth and nose of someone who is infected.
late 16th century: from obsolete mump 'grimace, have a miserable expression'.
Más definiciones de mumpsDefinición de mumps en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional