- Of or relating to a city or town or its governing body: national and municipal elections municipal officesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Schools and municipal offices were closed to enable pupils and employees to attend.
- On the same day, the municipal council broke down in half an hour in similar circumstances.
- The municipal government has been taking steps to solve the city's housing problems.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Other recent projects included several light rail systems, usually municipally owned but privately run.
- It really does impact the broad range of government activities, federally, provincially and municipally in a very real way.
- Most of these services are municipally organized, but some take the form of nonprofit foundations, private companies, and parent cooperatives.
mid 16th century (originally relating to the internal affairs of a state as distinct from its foreign relations): from Latin municipalis, from municipium 'free city', from municeps, municip- 'citizen with privileges', from munia 'civic offices' + capere 'take'.