- 1The action of mutilating or being mutilated: a culture which found any mutilation of the body abhorrent there were fatalities and appalling mutilationsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Scientists from a foreign power could be involved, performing the mutilations for analysis.
- Mutilation was used throughout medieval and early-modern Europe to inscribe punishment publicly upon the body.
- Their reasoning is that some local societies follow practices that violate human rights, such as female genital mutilation and other violations of the right against gender discrimination.
- 1.1The infliction of serious damage on something: the mutilation of the English languageMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The initial authors of a report may often object to the mutilation of their manuscript.
- He was indignant about the mutilation of the cable and wanted to make a complaint about it right away.
- As this passage indicates, the white supremacist denial of black success effects a symbolic decapitation, or, more properly, psychological mutilation.