Definición de mutinous en inglés:
1(Of a soldier or sailor) refusing to obey the orders of a person in authority.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The revolution itself had been carried out mainly by mutinous soldiers, who represented thereafter the only real authority.
- For more than 200 years, this volcanic rock has been home to descendants of Fletcher Christian and his mutinous shipmates, who burnt the HMS Bounty here in 1790.
- In 1857, a rebellion in north India led by mutinous Indian soldiers caused the British Parliament to transfer all political power from the East India Company to the Crown.
1.1Willful or disobedient: Antoinette looked mutinous, but she obeyed
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When she is not at her desk, nervy Virginia is being beastly to the staff, ordering her mutinous cook to make a train journey all the way from Richmond to the centre of town to get some sugar-ginger for lunch.
- I elude authority and make a tidy living being the mutinous karate girl in the corner.
- They seem to you inert, flabby, weakly envious, foolishly obstinate, impiously mutinous, and many other things.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘I don't see why not,’ muttered Louis mutinously.
- It was his father's entire fault, he thought mutinously as the guards he passed occasionally in the hallway all saluted him mockingly.
- Kitty suddenly bent towards her, brown eyes flashing mutinously.
Palabras que riman con mutinousglutinous
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán