(also myna or mynah bird)
An Asian and Australasian starling that typically has dark plumage, gregarious behavior, and a loud call.
- Family Sturnidae: several genera and species, in particular the hill mynah (Gracula religiosa), which is popular as a pet bird because of its ability to mimic the human voice
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sparrows, starlings, Indian mynahs and feral pigeons rarely visit Australian gardens, which welcome an array of colourful native birds.
- Soil can be seeded within monoculture grass, or trees can be planted widely apart so that they do not become roosts for mynas and starlings.
- There are even a few rare records of mynas attacking people.
mid 18th century: from Hindi mainā.
Definición de mynah en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional