Definición de myopic en inglés:
- Approximately 62 million people in the United States are myopic (ie, nearsighted) and require eyeglasses or contact lenses for vision correction.
- And of the 5,000 children who turned up at eye clinics for further checks, about half were mildly myopic or shortsighted.
- Retinal degeneration is more common in myopic eyes but it's not exactly related to macular degeneration.
chiefly British shortsighted
1.1Lacking imagination, foresight, or intellectual insight: the government still has a myopic attitude to public spending
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Originally they were portrayed as boring, myopic bean counters completely lacking in foresight or creativity.
- Such notions are myopic and without foresight.
- After all, why should the majority suffer for the myopic attitude of a minority, she asks.
- Example sentences
- A man in a tattered suit, involved, myopically, in some elementary task, despite being surrounded by silent indifference.
- We are myopically focused in one area, which lets us manage the political risk more effectively.
- By late morning he stood on high ground bordering Styal Woods, looking back myopically over the gently undulating farmland.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan