- Inability to relax voluntary muscle after vigorous effort.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Myotonic dystrophy, the most common form of muscular dystrophy in adults, affects the eyes, heart, hormonal systems, and blood, in addition to causing muscular dystrophy and involuntary muscle stiffness (myotonia).
- Hereditary defects in the channels are known to cause many diseases, including dominant and recessive myotonia, Bartter's syndrome, and Dent's disease.
- In several small studies, selenium supplementation seemed to have an effect on myotonia.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In addition, diseases resulting in impaired contraction of striated muscle, such as myasthenia gravis or myotonic dystrophies, may demonstrate similar abnormalities.
- The researchers will focus on myotonic and facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophies.
- And I went to the clinic to see if I had a thing called myotonic muscular dystrophy, which is also known as Steinert's disease.
late 19th century: from myo- 'muscle' + Greek tonos 'tone'.
Más definiciones de myotoniaDefinición de myotonia en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional