Definición de myriad en inglés:
- They jumped over countless hedges and a myriad of small streams and barbed wire, all set up to prevent what was happening now.
- Africa starts with 53 nations loaded with a myriad of problems and needs.
- News that two young East Yorkshire men are set to become dot com millionaires will provoke a myriad of reactions.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Check out the myriad DIY lighting systems available in local garden centres and DIY stores for this very purpose.
- As they approached the facility, Peter could tell how large the entire installation was by the myriad lights scattered across the compound.
- Lighted candles of myriad colors gathered in a large circle, and a stick of incense stood in the center.
- In the evening I hang out with a myriad assortment of interesting characters.
- These include a myriad assortment of insects, arachnids, rodents, and the occasional raccoon.
Myriad is derived from a Greek noun and adjective meaning ‘ten thousand.’ It was first used in English as a noun in reference to a great but indefinite number. The adjectival sense of ‘countless, innumerable’ appeared much later. In modern English, use of myriad as a noun and adjective are equally standard and correct, despite the fact that some traditionalists consider the adjective as the only acceptable use of the word.
Palabras que riman con myriadbluebeard • Iliad • Olympiad
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.