Definición de narcissism en inglés:
1Excessive or erotic interest in oneself and one’s physical appearance.
- But excessive self-love, or narcissism, could actually increase violence in schools.
- Like most blogs, the content is erratic, syncopated by the intrusions of daily life, random interests, monomania, narcissism and booze.
- Is indulging our individual truths a form of excessive narcissism?
1.1 Psychology Extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one’s own talents and a craving for admiration, as characterizing a personality type.
- Would-be doctors had personality defects ranging from extreme over-confidence, narcissism and aloofness to being overly empathetic.
- She might even have admitted to extreme narcissism if it made a good line.
- This factor supports the idea that an extreme narcissism is a specific psychogenic factor here.
1.2 Psychoanalysis Self-centeredness arising from failure to distinguish the self from external objects, either in very young babies or as a feature of mental disorder.
- ‘One of the features of narcissism is enormous confidence and self-esteem,’ she observes.
- And narcissism is a seductive mental disorder.
- After all, normal narcissism makes most psychiatrists feel they are doing a good job, even when they may not be.
- Example sentences
- The authors suggest that aggression by narcissists is an interpersonally meaningful and specific response to an ego threat.
- It lets narcissists and egomaniacs (me included) run wild and pollute your mind with their thoughts.
- That way he can spend his days with another egomaniacal narcissist.