A condition characterized by an extreme tendency to fall asleep whenever in relaxing surroundings.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It was developed to treat narcolepsy, a rare condition that makes people fall asleep unexpectedly and uncontrollably.
- The drug is used for narcolepsy, a condition in which people fall asleep unexpectedly during the day.
- While insomnia comes in many forms, there are people with narcolepsy who fall asleep while at work, talking or driving.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- However the authors point out that the genetics of human narcolepsy are well defined - most narcoleptics generally do not have first degree relatives with the disorder.
- Some narcoleptics fall asleep and collapse while crossing the street.
- The fear that they would put audiences into narcoleptic slumber is probably why proposals for a TV channel to cover events at the world organization are often raised only to be deep-sixed.
Late 19th century: from Greek narkē 'numbness', on the pattern of epilepsy.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: nar·co·lep·sy
Definición de narcolepsy en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda