Definición de narrator en inglés:
1A person who narrates something, especially a character who recounts the events of a novel or narrative poem.
- The novel employs multiple narrators, including not only the three major characters but also their husbands, children, and parents.
- In a similar way, Beatrice serves to question the narrative authority of the other narrators in the novel, all of them European-educated and male.
- I return in Chapter 7 to the problem of identification and its effects: what role does the identification with literary characters and narrators play?
1.1A person who delivers a commentary accompanying a movie, broadcast, piece of music, etc.
- All Greek tragedies have choruses, who take on the roles of observers, narrators, commentators and critics.
- That was a storytelling device. It was the ultimate frame - and television newspeople the ultimate narrators.
- He is, as you say, the conscience of the film; a narrator, but it is more than that too.
- Example sentences
- A certain amount of narratorial omnipotence has to be practised if absorbing stories are to be created.
- The turn to narrative, on the part of Jessop, then marks a significant moment in the story's attempt to force the idea into some form of representational and narratorial clarity.
- The central story line of the opening episode is that of Clarissa's outing on foot to buy flowers for her party, for example, but this line is punctuated by a series of narratorial shifts.