Definición de nasalize en inglés:
Pronounce or utter (a speech sound) with the breath resonating in the nose: (as adjective nasalized) a nasalized vowel
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The first small problem with the Reuters article is that the usual spelling for the language is ‘Pirahã’, with a tilde over the final /a/, indicating that the vowel is nasalized.
- In southern England, the vowel is nasalized and long.
- Also, the nasal cavity can be closed thus preventing vowels from being nasalised and thus increasing their comprehensibility.
- Example sentences
- The reason that there is no "ng’ sound is that this alphabet treats that nasal consonant as a feature of the vowel - not a separate nasal consonant, but a vowel produced with nasalization.
- As an alternative, bind is a common verb that is phonetically very similar to bide - the /n/ will generally be realized in fluent speech only as nasalization of the preceding vowel.
- I myself must confess to saying obstinant, inordinant and indiscriminant, with nasalization from the preceding nasal misinterpreted as belonging to the suffix.
Definición de nasalize en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia