Definición de nationalize en inglés:
1Transfer (a major branch of industry or commerce) from private to state ownership or control.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Collectivist institutions like the trade unions, local government, and nationalized industries had already been weakened by the end of the 1980s, as a result of Conservative policies.
- We discussed different issues: not paying the external debt anymore, re-nationalizing the privatized industries, nationalizing the banks and the international trade.
- It wants greater control, to nationalise industries, regulate businesses, and tax everyone to the hilt.
2Make distinctively national; give a national character to: in the 13th and 14th centuries church designs were further nationalized
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Such cultural diversity and geographic isolation have led to a nationalized sense of pride.
- At the risk of errant foolishness, I attempted a nationalized semiotics of squibbing: what will the squibs of each country's films tell me?
- The complex is part of a nationalized vocabulary of religious architecture in which the ritual progression through buildings is consistent from complex to complex, region to region, and religion to religion.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Labor in Queensland, even in its earliest years, was never wholly composed of extreme nationalisers; any more than the New South Wales party was composed only of down-to-earth industrial reformers.
- A similar view on land nationalization was expressed in an interview at Adelaide: ‘I am not a land nationaliser in the narrow meaning of the term.’
- Some say that as his practical policy recommendation was land taxation, he should be seen as a land taxer not a land nationaliser.
Definición de nationalize en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda