- 1The chemical element of atomic number 10, an inert gaseous element of the noble gas group. It is obtained by the distillation of liquid air and is used in fluorescent lamps and advertising signs. (Symbol: Ne)Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The noble gases helium, neon, argon, krypton, and xenon display fairly simple chemistry in material of solar composition.
- It combines easily and even explosively with every other element except helium, neon, and argon.
- Gas lasers use gases such as argon, carbon dioxide, neon, and nitrogen.
- 1.1Fluorescent lighting or signs (whether containing neon or some other gas): the lobby of the hotel was bright with neonMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The joint fairly jumped under the glow of fluorescent lights and neon beer signs when I stepped through the door last night.
- As soon as that, the four went off causing havoc around the city, stealing electricity from neon signs, streetlights, power boxes, and more.
- On your left is the approaching bulk of a station - sitting there majestically, neon signs spinning and lights streaming forth.
- 1.2A small lamp containing neon.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Her lab and living quarters were fully decorated with patterns, cuts, objects of art, along with several lights and neons of yellow and red colors; her two favorites.
- A lot of drivers are unsettled by the confusing combination of in-car lights and the dazzling night-time neons on the outside.
- New Year's Eve 2004: I skittered down to Elk Grove, Calif., on Highway 99 with rain boiling my windshield; obscuring my view save for suburban neons, crimson taillights, and scant highlights of freeway signs only legible from 10 feet away.
- 1.3 short for neon tetra.
- 1.4A very bright or fluorescent color: a denim cap outlined in neon [as modifier]: we bought ourselves neon bandannasMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Also at Savers, I bought a neon red trucker cap, on which I used a black texta to write ‘Does my brain look big in this?’
- You might have noticed that there appears to be a bit of variation in the opacity and colour of the neon green perspex used throughout the case.
- Now I have on a bright neon lime green T-shirt and I'm not a small girl, so you can't miss me.
late 19th century: from Greek, literally 'something new', neuter of the adjective neos.
Más definiciones de neonDefinición de neon en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional