Definición de netherworld en inglés:
1The underworld of the dead; hell.
- The local Indians, the Chumash, had a legend of something that translates roughly to ‘mouth of hell’ - a place where demons emerge from the netherworld and walk the earth.
- Rachel has moved her son Aiden to a small coastal town in pursuit of the quiet life and television sets that aren't passageways to the netherworld.
- Trapped in a car, I watched in absolute helplessness, (the sort I hope which only exists in nightmares) as this beast of the netherworld repeatedly launched itself at the windshield with great force.
1.1A hidden underworld or ill-defined area: the narcotic netherworld thriving in postwar America
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A few others, finally, have been drawn into the netherworld of off-stage intrigue and parapolitical violence.
- We suspected there was a netherworld of corrupt activity.
- In most instances I think we'd find that a combination of factors led these children to descend into the netherworld of crime.