Definición de netherworld en inglés:
1The underworld of the dead; hell.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The local Indians, the Chumash, had a legend of something that translates roughly to ‘mouth of hell’ - a place where demons emerge from the netherworld and walk the earth.
- Rachel has moved her son Aiden to a small coastal town in pursuit of the quiet life and television sets that aren't passageways to the netherworld.
- Trapped in a car, I watched in absolute helplessness, (the sort I hope which only exists in nightmares) as this beast of the netherworld repeatedly launched itself at the windshield with great force.
hell, the underworld, the infernal regions, the abyss;
eternal damnation, perdition;
Hades, Acheron, Gehenna, Tophet, Sheol
literary the pit
1.1A hidden underworld or ill-defined area: the narcotic netherworld thriving in postwar America
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A few others, finally, have been drawn into the netherworld of off-stage intrigue and parapolitical violence.
- We suspected there was a netherworld of corrupt activity.
- In most instances I think we'd find that a combination of factors led these children to descend into the netherworld of crime.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda