A hormone (such as vasopressin or norepinephrine) produced by nerve cells and secreted into the circulation.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- B-type natriuretic peptide is a neurohormone secreted from the cardiac ventricles in response to ventricular stretch and pressure overload.
- The endorphins function as inhibitory neurotransmitters and neurohormones: they are released from nerve cells to act on other cells that bear opioid receptors and thus dampen the activity of those cells.
- The conceptual basis of progressive left ventricular dysfunction has now turned to neurohormones such as norepinephrine, angiotensin and aldosterone.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Regardless of cause, there are important neurohormonal and musculoskeletal abnormalities in heart failure.
- Left ventricular dysfunction causes activation of several neurohormonal systems to maintain blood pressure and adequate circulation.
- The effectiveness of medications such as diuretics and neurohormonal blocking agents is reduced if sodium intake is high; hence the importance of changing dietary patterns to include a low-sodium diet.
Definición de neurohormone en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional