Definición de neurohypophysis en inglés:
sustantivo (plural neurohypophyses /-ˌsēz/)Anatomy
The posterior lobe of the hypophysis (pituitary gland), which stores and releases oxytocin and vasopressin produced in the hypothalamus.
- The posterior lobe of the pituitary gland or neurohypophysis contains unique glial elements referred to as pituicytes.
- The neurohypophysis, or posterior pituitary, is derived from an evagination of the infundibular portion of the diencephalon of the brain.
- The neurohypophysis was replaced by fibrotic tissue containing perivascular macrophages and activated microglia, and in the cerebellum, there were large areas of myelin pallor.
- Example sentences
- The article is on the effects of neurohypophyseal antagonists in postnephrectomy natriuresis in male rats.
- It is generally accepted that the conformation of the N-terminal part of neurohypophyseal hormones analogues is important for their pharmacological activity.
- We encountered a rare case of neurohypophyseal germinoma with a prominent granulomatous reaction, which invaded the right cavernous sinus.
Definición de neurohypophysis en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India