1A black compound of sulfur with silver, lead, or copper, used for filling in engraved designs in silver or other metals.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It consists of a series of wide and narrow bands of rinceaux, arabesques, and garlands in niello and filigree, with one lower section including an arcade with figures.
- The object is then heated at a low temperature causing the niello to fuse, become viscous, and finally cement itself permanently to the metal.
- Along with enameling, decorating watches with niello was a common practice in the nineteenth century.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The other series is decorated in a finer scrolling pattern against a black nielloed ground.
- The ornamentation of such objects was similar to that of the nielloed gold and silver ladles and cups produced at the Kremlin Armoury in the 16th to early 17th centuries.
- The upper level comprises the numerals and dividing circles which are polished and nielloed.
Early 19th century: from Italian, from Latin nigellus, diminutive of niger 'black'.
Palabras que riman con nielloBargello, bellow, bordello, cello, Donatello, fellow, jello, martello, mellow, morello, Novello, Pirandello, Portobello, Punchinello, Uccello, violoncello, yellow
Definición de niello en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda