1An earthworm, in particular one that comes to the surface at night and is collected for use as fishing bait.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- If you were to grasp one in your hand, it would squirm like a healthy night crawler trying to escape the hook.
- Quickly Megan did the best she could to mash up the night crawler and get the birds to beg for it.
- Red wiggler worms are the most common vermicompost worm, not the large night crawlers often used as fishing bait.
1.1 informal A person who is socially active at night: the bar and nightclub are hot items with chic night crawlers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Opt for a dressy frock with a sense of occasion, but avoid anything that looks too clubby (they will think you are a sleazy night crawler).
- The buildings would always hold an admirable brawniness; thick and dark while the night crawlers of all types were sucking down on bottles of booze, rioting in the shadows, or hell, just trying to have a good time.
- There are plenty of other things to do in Thailand for those not interested a 24-hour binge in South Pattaya and perhaps there should be some adjustment in laws which will accommodate our night crawlers.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: night crawl·er
Definición de night crawler en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda