Definición de nippy en inglés:
adjetivo (nippier, nippiest)informal
1(Of the weather) rather cold; chilly: it’s a bit nippy this morning
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Truth is, when the weather is nippy and you need something warm and comforting, nothing beats meatloaf for taste.
- However, beware of painting outdoors when the weather turns nippy.
- Have a stash of soft drinks chilled and, if the weather's nippy, a mulled cider simmering in a slow-cooker.
3chiefly British Quick; nimble.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Two quick fire points from nippy wing forward Michael Browne Jnr tied the sides in the first five minutes of the second period.
- The only goal came in the 75th minute when Seamus Gray released Joey Nolan and the nippy winger went through to score in style.
- The nippy, adept forward's haul of six points, which included two superb second-half efforts, played a substantial part in the north Roscommon club's four-points victory.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘Well, it is Christmas,’ I said, as we managed finally to get onto the entry ramp, dodging nippily in front of an over-sized Range Rover the driver of which was looking particularly apoplectic.
- Then he's off again, nippily leading the way to his orchard so that he can show off his apple trees, despite the fact that he has an arthritic knee.
- This is very hard to do, and it's not very feasible that a hefty sort of spaceship could fly around nippily just like a plane.
Palabras que riman con nippychippy, clippie, dippy, drippy, grippy, hippy, Lippi, lippy, Mississippi, slippy, snippy, tippy, trippy, whippy, Xanthippe, zippy
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda